Committees and Shifts
Volunteers are assigned to a variety of committees, performing the many tasks required to conduct a PGA TOUR event. Please refer to the Committee Description page for more information on the committees that are available. You will be assigned to a committee once we receive your volunteer uniform fee.
Each volunteer is required to work a minimum of three shifts. Generally, there are two (2) shifts per day, the morning or AM shift, 6:00 a.m. – 12 p.m., and the afternoon or PM shift, 12 p.m. – 6 p.m. Once assigned to a committee, your chairperson will contact you to discuss your schedule. Some shifts are also available prior to tournament week.
Training is available for most committees and your training schedule will be forwarded to you. Should you have further questions, please contact your committee chairperson located on the Volunteer Contact Information page.
Each volunteer is required to purchase a volunteer uniform for a minimal fee of $65 if paid by April 1, $70 if paid by June 30 and $75 after July 1.This helps us to defray our costs associated with each volunteer. Our event is operated as a 501c3 charity and every available dollar is dedicated to our mission of raising awareness and money for the Shriners Hospitals for Children.
The official volunteer uniform consists of a polo style golf shirt, jacket, baseball cap or visor or straw hat (for an additional fee). You are required to provide your own khaki slacks, shorts or skort. In addition to your uniform, your entire volunteer package consists of:
Lunch during your shift
Volunteer Appreciation Party
Volunteer Tournament Badge
A Week Long Tournament Access Badge
Volunteer After- Party
(Approximate package value, excess of $350, including uniform)
For sizing information, please refer to the Uniform Information page. You will be notified of the pick-up dates, time and location at a later date.
To help gauge the typical weather in Las Vegas in late October, please find the daily average temperatures below.
Avg. high 82 avg. low 53 sunrise 6:51 a.m. sunset 5:59 p.m.
Avg. high 81 avg. low 53, sunrise 6:52 a.m. sunset 5:58 p.m.
Avg. high 81 avg. low 52 sunrise 6:43 a.m. sunset 5:57 p.m.
Avg. high 80 avg. low 52 sunrise 6:54 a.m. sunset 5:56 p.m.
Avg. high 80 avg. low 51 sunrise 6:55 a.m. sunset 5:54 p.m.
Avg. high 79 avg. low 51 sunrise 6:56 a.m. sunset 5:53 p.m.
Avg. high 79 avg. low 51 sunrise 6:57 a.m. sunset 5:52 p.m.
Volunteer Appreciation Party
Every volunteer is invited to our volunteer appreciation party to be held on Sunday, October 18. check back for updated details.
We also gather informally for an “after” party once the winner has been announced on Sunday. More information to follow.
Just a reminder, the following items are prohibited inside the tournament gates and apply to all spectators, as well as all volunteers.
- Backpacks, camera bags, or large purses (bags may not be larger than 6”x6”x6”)
- Cameras are prohibited (allowed only Monday-Wednesday, while off duty only)
- Signs, banners, coolers, outside food and beverage
- Firearms, knives, stepladder, and stepstools
- Chairs in a carry bag (bag is not allowed)
- Radios or other noise producing devices
For a complete list of prohibited items, click here.
Cell Phone Policy
The PGA TOUR has approved the use of mobile devices as long as the patrons follow a basic code of conduct policy designed to ensure that play will not be affected. The code of conduct includes the following:
- Device must be on silent at all times
- Calls may be placed or received in TOUR approved “cell phone zones” only
- No audio or video capture is permitted at any time
- No still photography is permitted at any time during competition rounds
- Permissible data transfer will be consistent with current media regulations
- Data use (e.g., texting, email, etc.) will be permitted outside of the designated areas
- Data use is not permitted when players are in position to compete (i.e., when Gallery Control has their arms raised)
Authorized cell phone zones are located:
- Public restrooms located to the players right of #4 Green
- Concession stand located to the players left of #8 Green
- Concession stand located behind #11 Green
- Public restrooms located to the players left of #14 Green